Planetary Ball Mills are used wherever the highest degree of fineness is demanded. In addition to well-proven mixing and size reduction processes, these mills also meet all technical requirements for colloidal grinding and offer the energy input required for mechanical alloying. The extremely high centrifugal forces of a planetary ball mill result in quite high pulverization energy and so short grinding times.
The Retsch PM 100 is a convenient benchtop version with one grinding station.
The planetary ball mill Retsch PM 100 supplied by Retsch is used for applications requiring a high level of fineness. Along with the standard mixing and size reduction processes, the mill complies with the technical requirements for colloidal grinding and has the necessary energy input for mechanical alloying processes. The mill’s centrifugal forces lead to large pulverization energy and thus decrease the time taken for grinding operation.
The Retsch PM 100 is a versatile bench-top unit and includes a grinding channel. It works in centrifugal mode, which ends in a gentle size reduction process with minimum abrasion. The planetary ball mill is used in a vast range of applications, like bones, alloys, charcoal, carbon fibers, coal, coke, ceramics, clay minerals, electronic scrap, hair, glass, metal oxides, ores, minerals, newspaper paints and lacquers, amongst other people.
- Well-proven mixing and size reduction processes
- Extremely high centrifugal forces result in very high pulverization energy and short grinding times
- Powerful and rapid grinding to midsize variety
- Reproducible results due to speed and energy control
- Suitable for long-term trials
- two different grinding modes (dry and wet)
- Optional stress and temperature measuring system PM GrindControl
- Wide range of materials for pollution-free grinding
- Safety Slider for safe functioning
- Perfect stability on lab bench thanks to FFCS technologies
- Innovative counter fat and imbalance sensor for unsupervised operation
- Comfortable parameter setting through screen and ergonomic 1-button operation
- Automatic grinding chamber ventilation
- 10 SOPs can be stored
- Programmable starting time
- Power failure backup guarantees storage of remaining grinding time
- Jars with O-type sealing for safe operation, pressure-tight
-Retsch PM 100 Planetary Ball Mill
-120V power cord
-250ml, Tungsten Carbide Grinding Jar, Type C
-15-20mm, Tunbgsten Carbide Grinding Balls