Mettler Toledo DR40 is a compact, powerful and unique system for the simultaneous determination of density and refractive index. It combines the advantages of our digital DE density meters and RE refractometers with a minimum of bench space required.
The analytical laboratory is equipped with a Mettler Toledo DR40 to measure combined density and refractive index.
Its ease of use and reliability is due to the built-in Peltier cell thermostat, which measures the minimum quantity of sample required for analysis.
In addition to distillating alcohol content and brix, the system also determines several other parameters specific to the wine sector, such as Babo degrees, potential alcohol from refractive index and total dry extract from relative density.
Mettler Toledo DR40 is a flexible and valuable instrument for quick winemaking results.
Apart from pH and total-acidity measurement, Berlucchi also uses the T70 Excellence Titrator to determine free combined and total sulphur dioxide.
Mettler Toledo DR40 Main features:
• Two built-in Peltier thermostats for density and refractive index measuring cell.
• Fully automatic viscosity correction for the density measurement.
• Memory cards available for method transfer and data storage.
• 9 user methods (+1 for adjustment).
• Automation: sampling pump SC1 or sample changer SC30 required.
• Up to two calculation formulas or tables per method may be entered to calculate results based on the measured density, the refractive index or both values.
• Barcode reader connection to easy read in sample ID and operator names.
• Connection to computer for data handling.
• If required, one of the two measuring cells may be deactivated for the measurements, instrument checks and adjustments.
• Adjustment with air & water or certified standards.
• Special CHECK function for regular instrument check.
• The last 10 CHECK and ADJUSTMENT data are stored and can be recalled and printed out anytime.
• Printout of the results with all important data like operator name, date, time and serial number of the instrument.